INDIAN RIVER COUNTY — Investigators arrested a Sebastian man after two robberies, a carjacking and a high-speed chase on U.S. 1 all before noon Saturday, according to arrest affidavits.
"Why didn't you just shoot me?" the man demanded of deputies after his arrest.
Dallas Baldwin, 54, of the 1500 block of Dewitt Lane, was charged with:
- aggravated battery on a law enforcement officer,
- attempted robbery with a deadly weapon,
- aggravated fleeing and eluding,
- battery on a person older than 65,
- grand theft,
- violation of parole, and
- leaving the scene of an accident with property damage.